Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, as much as I dislike Madlax, that team is pretty darn good and getting better. I don't think they are falling behind; rather gaining. Just an observation without any inside knowledge.
They were very good in 5-6th grade. As the previous poster pointed out, the BLC coach brought his kid and about 10 others, and it’s been a steady bleed since. 3/4 of their best players went to NL, who is now a much better team. There’s a pretty bad case of daddy ball happening on this team, and it’s the root cause for the 3-4 top players going to NL couple years back.

There are two other great options in town. And a couple of really good options just below Elite. This team will slowly (or rapidly as was the case with 24, 26, and 28 Madlax teams) churn players to other clubs and not draw any new interest past 6th grade. It’s a one way street, which is why thy have to rely on players from outside the area to come guest play in the summer (which in itself is just a [Censored] model). Just a terribly run program. Run the other way. NL, DCE, Hawks, or if not needing Elite, check out Hammers in VA.

ML 2027 was good but nothing special when the kids were younger. The team didn't improve or go down after the BLC kids joined during covid. NL got 1 good player from ML and have gotten slightly worse as the team gets older, primarily because the coach plays huge favorites. BLC got a couple of ok players and aren't very good as DCE. Maybe they got a few players for the upcoming year. Hammers is out of business. Team VA is the newest group trying to make a go of it in NOVA and slightly beyond.

pretty accurate summary and suggests an overall weak class in the DMV. getting back to the "what a I getting myself into" question about ML 2027, I wouldn't want my son anywhere near that team for the reasons that the PP said.