Originally Posted by Anonymous
I get Club Lacrosse is about being seen but I don’t understand this belief that equal PT is required. Don’t we want our kids to value hard work and earning PT? Find a team without parent coaching and let the kids learn the importance of earning something and let’s stop the belief of entitlement. Just find the right level of play for our daughters to succeed.

If the club doesn’t think the player is good enough to be on the field, they should not take them on the team. At this level, there shouldn’t be a huge discrepancy in talent from top to bottom.

You’d be surprised at number of families that beg to be on a top team and then become unhappy when their daughter doesn’t play half of every game even when coach has laid it out for them or their daughter isn’t producing. Then when they get cut or moved down the next year they [Censored] the whole organization.
Idea for club directors. Limit teams to 21 players.
2 goalies. 6 defenders , 6 attackers , 6 midfielders. 1 girl that can help a couple spots. Increases play time and players should be getting developed more.

That's a good mix. The challenge even with that mix is that the backup middies are usually better than some or even most of the starting defenders and attackers (especially defenders at the middle school level). Almost invariably, the worst players on the team are the 6th attacker and the 4th, 5th and 6th defenders.

On my daughter's team, all 6 middies start. 3 at middle, 2 at defense and 1 at attacker. When starting middle line gets tired, usually 1 goes to attack, 1 goes to defense and the 3 middies starting at other positions go to middie and a a couple defenders and one attack get rotated in.

On average, I'd say the 6 middies and best attacker probably play on average 90% of the game in competitive games and the rest of the playing time for the other 4 field positions is shared across 10 or 11 players.

The really good teams don’t play all mids because they have really good defenders and attack players. This way they can rotate the mid lines to keep them fresh and wear down the opposing team. I find the better teams place their fastest players on defense and some of these defenders could easily play mid. Too many people think their kids are mids but can’t play good D and true mids have to be able to play both good D and offense.

I agree with that at high school, but not at 7th grade.

Maybe on the B teams. On the A teams they all have dedicated defenders. Their kids don’t rotate to attack or defense to keep them fresh.