Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I get Club Lacrosse is about being seen but I don’t understand this belief that equal PT is required. Don’t we want our kids to value hard work and earning PT? Find a team without parent coaching and let the kids learn the importance of earning something and let’s stop the belief of entitlement. Just find the right level of play for our daughters to succeed.

Some club directors feel like parents are paying for a service, one of which is to be seen so they are owed to get the kids out there equally.

My 24 went to NJ, Hershey PA, and TX two times between 10th & 11th grade to the tune of at least @$2,000 spent on travel and hotels. Plus many more tournaments around MD and Philly that still required traveling. We live in MD so our travel is minimal but other teams at all the same tournaments are coming from as far as California. No one wants to travel and spend money for their kid not to play. These clubs need to take girls that can actually play on the team they're placed on and not full roster spots for money. And while I agree that it used to be being the best earned playing time club sports and showcases have changed the dynamics