Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't think anyone is debating whether or not Coppermine 28s will be the best MD team in 23-24.

Bigger question is whether they will be the best team in 25-26 when it matters

But that’s just it, it doesn’t matter if you’re the best team in 25-26. College coaches don’t need you to be on the best team. They need to see you, yes, but you don’t need to be #1 team to be seen.

What will matter is whether from now until 2025 that your your daughter gets the training, development, game experience, and confidence needed to play at the next level. And then come recruiting time it will matter whether the team will be showcasing all the girls on the team, even if it means losing a few games. Or will they prioritize the win and put all their eggs in the basket of those who they think will go to best programs for the sake of PR and boosting the clubs recruiting reputation?

You don't need to be on the #1 team (in fact that actually turns off a few coaches) , but you do need to be on a club that plays in the top 2 or 3 brackets in the big recruiting tourneys.

Correct. In fact, if you are a goalie, defender, being on the top team, you may get less action and that's not ideal.

Besides defense and goalie, some coaches prefer girls with chips on their shoulders. During the final four, KAH said “I want to recruit girls who are hungry with something to prove. I often don’t like girls who have been on the #1 team team since they were in fifth grade and have spent the last six years listening to people tell them how good they are.”

The level of energy that goes into questioning families decisions' on the best placement/team for their daughters is pretty extreme. When it's directed at talented players who joined Coppermine, it is openly jealous, in my view. There is a cottage industry trying to create anxiety in parents on their decision making.

The overconfident declarations of "this is what matters for recruiting" are funny too. Top 30 D1 coaches will find their talent where it is. If KAH doesn't recruit a top player from the best club team in the country, another coach will.