Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Yeah, there's an Orange team, apparently will play in AAA next season. There's some good players on that squad who mainly got moved down from BLC Blue because they haven't hit puberty yet, or just are good athletes who need a little seasoning. Would not be surprised if a few moved back up to Black next year. NL Red I heard is also playing AAA so this seems like one of those rare scenrios where dropping down to the second team makes some sense, because both of those teams are only playing one division below Elite. ML DMV can't say the same, they were/are in B. NL and DCE have a nice internal pipeline going.

This is a shockingly thoughtful and reasonable take, are you sure you’re in the right forum?

We’re going for more of a If yOu’rE nOt In ELiTe iN tHIrD gRaDe yOu’RE lAcRoSse cAREeR Is OvER type vibe.

lol don't want to dox myself but have one kid in elite and one on a second team. B team quality can vary wildly and being a good player on a second team surrounded by kids who can't throw/catch can be just as bad for your development as being on elite but riding the bench. But I have pretty good visibility into both the NL and DCE B teams and know for a fact there are multiple kids on both who can play. And as I wrote being just one level below Elite isn't a terrible outcome, there's good teams in AAA. It's still a big jump to elite from there but a kid can develop pretty well, hit puberty, and grow and come out on the other end of the season ready to make a move up, either at his current club or some other elite club. If your kid got dropped down just make sure he knows it's a speedbump, it doesn't have to be the end of the world. Def a blow to the ego but the parents tend to care more about that than the kids.