Originally Posted by Anonymous
Getting back to MadLax .... I just checked out their web page and the players who I heard have left are now removed, they are showing 22-23 players listed on both their Capital and DMV teams. I don't know if the players are any good, but they seem to have backfilled very quickly. Cabell has been doing this ($$$) for almost thirty years and he knows what he is doing!
They only new additions are 3 True players, a kid who was cut from NL and a kid from the DC Ex B team. They lost 9 pretty key players. They also have 2-3 national kids listed who will only play with them sporadically. Needs to do some more recruiting.

MadLax is in a great place. Fully loaded Capital and DMV rosters with 23 players each. They have the new student goalie, the double holdback, a new pipeline from True, and the fly-ins are starting to come, and only going to increase into HS. The competition in the 2028 class is not much. DCE is unproven, Next Level is underperforming, VLC has folded, True Chesapeake has folded too. MadLax is gonna win so much the kids are gonna get tired of winning!

Sure, such a great place that nine long-time starters left and more tried to leave. And let's not talk about individual players, but ML's 1-3 NLF pool play record suggests they're very far from a shutdown unit despite dad posts here, and it seems unlikely that a pipeline of kids from a team that had to fly in players to be moderately competitive in HOCO is going to turn things around. Sounds awesome.