Originally Posted by Anonymous
Getting back to MadLax .... I just checked out their web page and the players who I heard have left are now removed, they are showing 22-23 players listed on both their Capital and DMV teams. I don't know if the players are any good, but they seem to have backfilled very quickly. Cabell has been doing this ($$$) for almost thirty years and he knows what he is doing!
They only new additions are 3 True players, a kid who was cut from NL and a kid from the DC Ex B team. They lost 9 pretty key players. They also have 2-3 national kids listed who will only play with them sporadically. Needs to do some more recruiting.

Wow! The roster losses from Madlax are significant. Best attackman gone. Best d-middie gone. A few key offensive midfielders gone. Two key poles gone. Assuming the bulk of those kids went to DCE, I think DCE will be competitive next year. Below Hawks and FCA by a decent margin, but even with Next Level and Crabs. Madlax with the current roster will struggle to beat Team 91. So for elite, the tiers likely as follows:

Tier 1 - Hawks and FCA
Tier 2 - Crabs, Next Level, DCE
Tier 3 - Team 91 and Madlax
Not to mention the only 3 kids who have ever taken a face off the last 3-4 years— gone. They’ve got real problems, and this take is correct, the will really struggle to beat anyone in HoCo with what’s left.
My son plays for a competitor to Madlax, he said a couple of his buddies still there have tried to move on to DCE and apparently were turned away due to the roster being set. Tale of two very different programs, at least for the moment, with one struggling to fill a lineup without having to use flyins, the other (DCE) turning good players away.

Well that is interesting. Does DCE 2028 have an orange team like the older DCE teams do? If not, then they are going to suffer from roster bloat.

Yeah, there's an Orange team, apparently will play in AAA next season. There's some good players on that squad who mainly got moved down from BLC Blue because they haven't hit puberty yet, or just are good athletes who need a little seasoning. Would not be surprised if a few moved back up to Black next year. NL Red I heard is also playing AAA so this seems like one of those rare scenrios where dropping down to the second team makes some sense, because both of those teams are only playing one division below Elite. ML DMV can't say the same, they were/are in B. NL and DCE have a nice internal pipeline going.