Originally Posted by Anonymous
We were offered a roster spot to which we replied and paid for said roster spot. Almost a week has gone by with no communication whatsoever. I have emailed three different email addresses and have not received a response from any.

Is this normal?

I would say generally this is not normal. Given that Dukes sold to a conglomerate, my guess is they haven't figured out the who is doing what. You would think that a professionally run organization would have that all buttoned up when the deal was inked. I'm sure they will get it all figured out and you'll get a response. But certainly doesn't distill confidence out of the gate.

Generally, I wouldn't expect too much communication from the club during Late July/Early August. Everyone is taking vacation after the spring/summer/tryout season. Late August the communicate will pick up as they start ramping up for the fall practices that will begin in September after Labor Day.

While I have never been part of Duke's or the parent company, most large clubs have a communication Director that all questions should be funneled through. Probably the type of information they will get to you once they figure out who is doing what.

In closing, is it annoying - yes. is it unexpected - probably not given Duke's changes. will it get better? - hopefully/probably.

Enjoy what is left of summer. you've got the next 11 months to worry about your lacrosse team.