Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hows East Coast Elite Organization ?

They put a decent product on the field. Good coaching. The only reason I wouldn’t choose them is they just play on LI to limit travel costs, which works well for a lot of people. I just prefer to travel for a few reason (a) team trips are part of the experience and the kids love them and (b) playing the same teams each week gets old fast.

I dont enjoy going away 3,4 weekends in the summer . Hotels , Tolls , Fuel meals and sitvon Sunday evening traffic . JMO

Two respectful and insightful responses. Long Island has more clubs that any other area. The talent is spread all over. 91 and Express definitely have the deepest rosters. Find a spot that works for your family. Express and 91 also travel more than others however, Igloo, Legacy, Rush and Rebels also have a handful of away tournaments each year. Playing time is the most important factor followed by coaching, cost and overall club culture. If your kid is playing most of the time and has improved each year then you most likely should stay put. The level of competition must also be a consideration. There are 5 or 6 teams that play at the highest level for the most part. It is about the experience for your child and family. There is no perfect scenario only what works for your kid. If he has a smile on his face and is improving then you are in a good spot. Best of luck finding the right club. Bottom line is they are all Big Time Businesses!

The smile is super important!!
Also worth noting before high school there is limited benefit to traveling. If your son is interested in playing college lacrosse it will become more important to travel to where the coaches are. I am not from LI but I really like the East Coast Elite model. My 2026 son team played them this summer. They had some really good players including 2 solid goalies.