Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs has a 2029 team listed for tryouts in a few weeks so they must be moving forward to put a team together of some sort. I know my son has a friend on LTLC and they are playing in a couple events this summer as Crabs 2029. The are listed for Crabfeast 2029 division:

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Also, the said 2028 crabs "guest player" for LTLC was the coach listed for Crabs 2029 last season when they tried to assemble a team and failed. Such a confusing situation. Guessing we will start to hear a lot of LTLC parent rumblings and get more clarity on it all soon.

So if I live in Baltimore County I now get to pick from the following 9 teams......I guess LTLC could dismantle if they join Crabs, but clearly Crabs is going to give it another go this year with tryouts. How would you rank them? And curious which ones have Dad coaches?

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
True Baltimore Black 2029
True Baltimore Green 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

Live in PA and considering trying out for one of these teams this year.

If you are looking for club level play, you can shorten that list at 5. Below that is rec ball or rec ball at club prices.

Disagree on shortening list at 5. Can't be repeated enough - no way 91MD is a "club level" program in their youth teams. 3-32 overall HoCo record wihtin their program this past year is an accurate reflection on this club's health - and the games weren't close (average score was 13-4 agaisnt them.) There's a reason they are called "Team 91" - they lose 91% of their games! Very very little resources and development put in to the boys. No way they would make the list of "club level program". Any option on that list is much better than 91MD - their business model is not sustainable.

Fair assesment. I’ll stand by my opinion on the rest though. So the list is 4 IMO, FWIW.

Also from PA considering trying out for one of these teams. So for someone new to MD lacrosse, how would you rank these BC programs? It seems FCA and Preds are top choices. Then who? LTLC? Crabs? ????