Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Inside Lacrosse just posted the college women’s rule change recommendation. Many of these proposed changes came from Jen Levy. The rules were fine when she was going undefeated and winning championships. Her team lost several games this year and now she wants changes. When Northwestern beat them during the regular season, Levy complained about the rough style of play and almost immediately called for changes. Talk about a cry baby.

Jen Levy proposed the bulk of these changes originally back in 2021, before her last Championship. I agree with most, but not all of them. I don't get the reduction to 11 players and also increasing the distance the defender is allowed to be from the opposing player inside the 8. Increasing the things that get you a 1 minute penalty should help clean things up a lot. I'm especially happy to see a proposed 1 min penalty for simulation. In either case, the game is getting too physical to continue playing without a helmet or pads. So if they want to keep the helmet and padless games, rule changes are needed.

Rules don't need to change officiating needs a refresher course. If the game is officiated properly there is no need for helmets or pads. The rules for women's lacrosse are not subjective. Call the game with in the rules. The one rule change I am all for is when carded the player needs to immediatley leave the playing field. So many players this year slowly walked off when carded. It's disrespectful

I don't see the reduction in players being approved.