Originally Posted by Anonymous
Summer Season has started, and the rumor mill is running rampant!! I love it.
Observations from Impulse and MD payday:

1. Coppermine is King! Fast and athletic, but totally reliant on 2 girls. They will need more scoring punch as teams face guard their 2 main offensive threats! The club needs to stop overscheduling. Brutal playing both Saturday and Sunday, after playing in NC last week.

2. M&D - Team speed is slow, Offense is stagnant, Everything is run thru middies, if all faiis give it to one of their attackers and clear out. Everyone just stands around, no cutting, not movement. Defense struggles clearing the ball. Heard issues of coaches playing their kids to much.

3. MDU - Team goes as their best player goes. If she feels like playing both ends, they are good. if not, they don't fare well.

4. Skywalker's Blue - Watch out, finally got competent coach, this team is on the rise. probably the most scary team. Crush and Coppermine girls will flock here for recruiting years.

Given the number of comments this post has generated, it appears to be worth discussing. I will add a few thoughts.

First, pretty clear that Coppermine has indeed separated from the pack. They did so last summer, really, and the fact that they haven't lost to anyone but Eagle Stix (who they just answered back) this year proves the point.

Second, I thought M&D lacked its usual swagger this Spring in NGLL. Still a very talented team. The one goal loss to Coppermine at Impulse, and the wins over Crush and MD United though, seem to suggest this post is backward looking. Maybe they are putting it together for a run this summer?

Third, MDU is inconsistent; I agree. Not sure it is fair to suggest that it corresponds to the effort of one outstanding player, but I have seen them fully clicking on some days, and just not in synch on others.

Fourth, this is a pretty new take on Skywalkers. Maybe a Skywalkers dad trying to build some hype for tryouts? "Most scary" sounds like a huge stretch... Their win over M&D was a breakthrough, but they also lost to Pride, and even Stars, during NGLL. Did something happen in the last 3 weeks that transformed their potential? Not aware. If so, they should easily win their group at Live Love Lax this weekend and beat some LI teams and then Pride for the first time in 3 tries this year. I guess we will see.