Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. Calling out the kids in particular. I think the moderators on here shouldn’t allow specific numbers to be talked about. At least not in a negative way.

Let’s get this board back on track and talk about something we can all agree on. Reclassed and holdbacks only dominate because they were reclassed or held back. They would be playing on age or playing up if they were actually dominant for their age. Everyone knows this obviously.

So I’m asking the people on here, specifically a parent of a kid who was recently reclassed, for some clarity. Without being bitter or angry or talking about how my son sits on the sidelines or should hit the wall, I need a favor. Can you please explain the process? I assume that they were playing with 27s for several years. Then at some point you realized he isn’t standing out and being recognized as particularly good or dominant. So how did you tell your child? How did that conversation go? I imagine it went something like this.

“You’re not standing out on the field. I think that if we make you repeat a year of school, the competition won’t be as good. It will
make you look better than you are. How would you feel about repeating a grade so you can dominate more on the lacrosse field?”

Am I correct? What was their reaction? Were they sad at the idea or happy at the opportunity? Curious minds want to know.

do you have any idea how bitter and ridiculous you sound? please find a hobby or some constructive outlet.