Originally Posted by Anonymous
MV beat 1A state Champ Liberty by 7. Their only loss. LHS also won the battle of state champions in this years tournament. Which included some of the same teams participating in this year’s states tournament.

MV beat Century by 7 who while down almost knocked off Glenelg in regional semis.

MV beat Westminster by 14. Westminster lost a state semi heart breaker to SP.

MV beat a loaded Glenelg team in regional final.

MV beat Dulaney who is in the state finals.

The Towson game being referenced was a scrimmage where teams play all girls (at least MV did) and they tied if I remember correctly?

I’m not knocking Towson. They are a very well coached great team. But I think US lax magazine got it right with MV top 10 mid Atlantic ranking and 22 in the nation.

With all that said. Middletown won’t be a push over. They will come ready to avenge an early season loss to MV. And if MV plays the way they did against CMW. They could lose.

Just a little fact checking for wink

As a Glenelg parent, MV has a girl (not sure her name) who was referenced by Coach Pags as being the best player he has seen all year, this includes the private schools. One advantage to playing at a public school is a player like that can carry a team. I am not sure if they could hang in IAAM but they were well coached and played a great team game. Can't say anything about Towson didn't see them but, MV deserves respect that's for sure.