Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the publics are down across the board this season compared to previous, but I think Glenelg (who MV eliminated) and Man Valley would comfortably make the IAAM playoffs. I don't think they could beat McD or SPSG but it wouldn't be a killing. Glenelg lost to NDP without their top 3 players and lost to McD by 5 or 6 with their top 3 players. Both have players that would be top 3 players on any IAAM team.

I think Man Valley has a few very good players but not a solid team like McD or SPSG. It would not be a close game. Liberty beat Mercy this year but so did every team in the IAAM…..Again, a few really good players but not the whole team.

On paper Man Valley should be the 4th or 5th best team in Carroll County, but they find a way to win consistently. I don't think they would beat the top 2 in IAAM, probably an L vs the next 3 but not an automatic L, and should win more than they lose against the rest of the A division. Same with Glenelg.

If the question is can a public win the IAAM this season, the answer is no. But there is no doubt a few of those public schools can compete far better than more than half the A division. If my daughter in Carroll wanted to go high school with lacrosse being a main focus, I scratch my head why they would pick Gerstell ahead of all the Carroll schools besides FSK and Winters Mill.