Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Calvert Hall about to whoop some behind.

Well that didn’t age well. 😂

That is the biggest championship beatdown (MSA or MIAA) that I can recall. Wow.

The bought team with the 5th year from prep won. Just does not seem real when u won with holdbacks and transfers. Absolutely no culture at that woke institution they call McD. Hall had all the real feel in the bleachers. Some things never change no matter who wins. Coach H u sold out years ago against your Alama mater……

Boy you sound bitter. CH was throttled. Championship game was BL vs McD in semis. McD setting up to be the next dynasty.

Don’t confuse being bitter with the facts. McD had the holdbacks and boarder this year. You can’t come on here and believe the playing field in the A conference is anywhere close to level. I look at the win & the season McD had would have been shocked if they did not win. It rings hollow to most people in the know except McD players, coach’s & parents. McD along with BL should consider a national schedule. The boarders & high population of holdbacks will continue in this arms race. MIAA leadership does not want to do anything about it so this is what u get.

I am an A conference MIAA parent, although not affiliated with either McDonough or Calvert Hall. My question is - how can a Calvert Hall parent or fan complain about what McDonough did this season? Every team has holdbacks and I bet Calvert Hall had just as many as McDonough. The harsh truth is that the Calvert Hall holdbacks may just not have been as good - period. The one McDonough transfer in question was outstanding, but I ask this question - what MIAA school would not have accepted the transfer? He did it according to the rules and choose McDonough (it [Censored] but the rules are the rules). Lastly, Calvert Hall parents and fans forget their 3 year dynasty where 2 of their very best players were brought in from out of state. The past few years they have had transfers from all over the place that have unfortunately had to sit out their senior seasons due to age, playing eligibility, etc... Calvert Hall got beat by McDonough handily but most teams in the league did as well. Boys Latin will continue to augment their already talented squad with transfers. Please stop making excuses and let's get to summer club season.

very well put[/quot

And you just made the point-"Oh Calvert Hall did it, so we are going to do it". We are going to do whatever it takes...Not a Calvert Hall supporter/parent or alumni here. Yea every school would have taken him, but not every school has a dorm or whatever the situation is to take him in. To keep this thing from getting out of control beyond where it already is, the MIAA should set a standard on out of conference transfers, just like they have one for in conference transfers. I agree with the in conference rule, but along the same lines lets do the same for out of conference. What is the difference in the end?? Go to a prep school up North, they don't care. Don't create anymore imbalance than this league has experienced over the last 5-7 years.