Originally Posted by Anonymous
The coach U era at LB mercifully ended last night. The team lost, but it was a win for the program now that he will be gone. Lackluster tenure that completely failed to advance the program. Zero wins against their biggest rival and only a couple playoff appearances. Hopefully the administration learned from this and is able to upgrade and pull the team out of this quagmire. The only people upset are his former BL or Loyola College buddies that no longer are able to send their kids to LB and be guaranteed a spot on varsity as freshman. I guess that’s how the Cookie crumbles. . . twice.

Rumor has it the Crumbles are following Coach U to STM? LOL

Man, jealousy is an ugly thing. The reality is that Coach U is a great guy and his players loved playing for him. The LB program is currently in excellent shape with good talent returning and good talent in the pipeline. The next coach has a very good foundation to build upon along with top flight athletic facilities and the full support of the new AD. The 2 young men you referred to (you ignorant jacka**) live across the street from campus and are absolutely not following Coach U to his new gig as an asst. at StM. I can only assume they at some point have (deservedly) taken playing time from your own kid? That's the only explanation I can come up with...

No one said U isn’t a good person, he just wasn’t a good coach for Loyola. The players who “loved” playing for him are part of the special ones that can do no wrong (GRIT!) , the rest of the players, not so much. Yes, it’s silly to think anyone who stepped on the varsity field this year would follow him (MIAA rules etc, etc). However, the only reason those young men made it as freshman was as a favor to their father. ESPECIALLY the freshman this year.

Love Coach U but he and his staff repeatedly got burned by their opponents halftime adjustments to Loyola's sets. Likely entire new staff next year, especially with the brief coaching tenure of True Benadryl.