Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
AOF has unfortunately fallen and they do have a lot of talent but I would say they are still solidly in the middle of the pack with Deerfield, TP and Hotchkiss which have all had uneven seasons as well. AOF FOGO was hurt 4 games ago against Berkshire so that has also played a role. But I think there is still a lot of lacrosse to be played to determine who is legit as I am very interested in how Choate does against Salisbury and Taft (they dont play 'Wick?) and how Loomis does against Taft (already lost to Wick and Salisbury) with a big end of the year game against Choate. Loomis has looked solid though.

You are right. Just saw that AOF FOGO missed the past few losses but now appears to be back. Didn’t realize that and now it makes sense. Maybe they aren’t as bad as I thought. He played vs Westminster and won every faceoff that he took. Not that Westy is a great team but what a difference. In the 2 games I watched vs Choate and Loomis they won approx 10 faceoffs combined. Didn’t see the Salisbury loss. Maybe they can save their season. Also saw that yesterday, Choate played a great first 1/2 vs Taft and an upset was possible. They were tied at the half but then lost by 5 or 6 goals. Tafts offense was too good in the second half and their defense shut down Choate. The end of the season should be fun! It’s a shame wick, Salisbury and Deerfield can’t qualify for the founders league playoffs. They should add those teams and have 6 teams qualify vs the 4 four they have now without them. The playoffs would be electric and truly allow to see who is supreme in the northeast. I would even love to see an ISL/Founders League championship for true supremacy!

Great stuff. Yes, I was at the Salisbury game and they threw all kinds of people at face-off including poles. I agree it is tough to gauge as Westy is not good this year but regardless AOF looked good. It would have been great to see Loomis and Choate break into the top 3 but I think we may have to wait until next year. Taft looks real good right now. It would be amazing to see and ISL - Founders championship. I would be interested in that Brooks - Kent matchup!

Still a lot of lacrosse to be played