Originally Posted by Anonymous
This absolutely is growing the game. The illinois boys have never had the opportunity to play high level spring lacrosse. Illinois does not play club in the spring kids are forced to play rec ball for three months with kids that have never picked up a stik or only pick it up in spring. The best team in our spring league coud not compete in HoCo b division..While this is great for trying to grow the sport it is not so great for the 5% of boys that want high level lacrosse. The lacrosse landscape is not the same in illinois and northeast. You should feel blessed that you don't have to travel to get great competition for your kids. The boys that are coming out practice more than any kid should but they live and breath lacrosse. They go back after the game with pen and paper and analysis the game they just played. They are honored to be playing in this league with so much talent. detest true if you want but please leave the boys out of it and let them enjoy the experience. See you next Saturday

I love that boys from non-hotbeds are getting to experience what we’re so blessed to have. Seriously. And if the other coaches and the league are fine with the True national team playing in HoCo, then there’s nothing to complain about here. Take your beef to your respective coaches who agreed to it. If they haven’t agreed, then this weekend’s games should be counted as glorified scrimmages and not toward the rankings. (I did notice that True and MadLax aren’t scheduled to play in the regular season. Maybe that’s not an error or oversight… Would love to know more if it doesn’t happen.)

But I’ll say this: For the integrity of competition (I know how quaint that sounds, trust me) True has an obligation to play each week of HoCo regular season—and playoffs—with a *relatively* consistent roster. Consider: If True makes the four-team HoCo playoff but shows up to the semifinal with the same roster that got torched by FCA, or on the flip side rolls in with a roster filled with even more fly-in ringers than this weekend, then shame on everyone involved.