Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we talk about the Pelham/Mamo game getting cancelled yesterday due to a lack of officials.

At a VARSITY game.

In Westchester

This is 2023.

This is happening nearly everyday in Section 1 and it's going to get worse before it gets better. Have you noticed the how old the officials are too?

Every year (January-March) the HVLOA offers training sessions. I recommend all former players/coaches consider taking on this new responsibility. Contact: president@hvloa.com

Also, the school districts are partial at fault for this problem. The staff at these games should have a zero tolerance policy for the spectators that openly abuse the officials.

They should be giving out cards to unruly parents! That parents kids team should have to take a penalty. Then you will see the other parents do something about shutting other parents up in the stands. Have schools security kick parents like that out already! Schools can do better with that!!

I fully agree that any fan, be it parent, student, whomever. The second there is anything said in the direction of officials you get one warning and then you're gone. A second ejection and you are gone for the season.
The problem with this is getting staff at the games to actually do this. I don't see any scenario - short of having a police presence at every game - where someone from the schools staff will be telling people to leave.