Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to MadLax? I thought they had a game scheduled for this weekend?

Not my son's team but guessing they had to postpone due to not enough bodies b/c of Landon spring break. NL and BLC have a bunch of Landon kids as well but are somehow managing to play weeks 1 and 2. Oh well.

It shouldn't be allowed. Spring break dates are set in stone months prior. Every other team in this league also has spring break at some point or another during the HOCO season. Why does Cabell get to change, postpone, cancel dates? Are the other age group Madlax teams postponing also?

Not enough bodies? Forfeit.

Tons of my sons team are going away during the week... but care enough to be back for the weekend games. Maybe Madlaxs' vacations are just much much nicer than ours.

Something weird is going on, especially when you consider how weak an opponent (Team 91) MadLax was scheduled to play. 91 was in AAA last year and lost in the first round of the playoffs, and started 0-1 this year. Madlax ought to be able to handle Team 91 pretty easily, even with a depleted roster. And the Landon vacation excuse doesn't really hold up. Landon kids make up a relatively small percentage of the team, and it is hard to imagine that they would all schedule family vacations that conflict with HoCo games. These are veteran lacrosse families and Cabell is good about telling people to hold dates. Can someone from MadLax (or 91) chime in as to the reason why the game was canceled?
Are we sure it’s Madlax who requested postponement and not 91??
If Madlax— yeah, super lame. They have very few kids from Landon, maybe 2-3 at most. If it’s indeed Madlax, it’s likely because they’re coach can’t miss an opportunity to make a complete fool of himself for 50 minutes on the sideline.

Good point, it could have been 91 or a HoCo issue not related to either team. Can someone who knows the answer or wants to pretend that they know please fill us in?