Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to MadLax? I thought they had a game scheduled for this weekend?

Not my son's team but guessing they had to postpone due to not enough bodies b/c of Landon spring break. NL and BLC have a bunch of Landon kids as well but are somehow managing to play weeks 1 and 2. Oh well.

It shouldn't be allowed. Spring break dates are set in stone months prior. Every other team in this league also has spring break at some point or another during the HOCO season. Why does Cabell get to change, postpone, cancel dates? Are the other age group Madlax teams postponing also?

Not enough bodies? Forfeit.

Tons of my sons team are going away during the week... but care enough to be back for the weekend games. Maybe Madlaxs' vacations are just much much nicer than ours.

I'm not a MadLax parent, but seriously? Shouldn't be allowed?

Most families are lucky to get a couple of chances a year to take a vacation together, and as the parent of a high schooler I can assure you that those opportunities only shrink as they get older, especially if they play high school sports. If both teams can find a more convenient time to play, why do you care? If your entire family is planning its life around 7th grade HOCO, you may want to reconsider your priorities.

Not the PP, but I care because if every team followed that reasoning, the league would be chaos. Many teams are missing players week to week but they play with who they've got and do their best. Madlax has a history of shady behavior on the sidelines, with rosters, and with scheduling, so in within circles of people who care about 7th grade lacrosse (which I admit is a small subset of the US population, but I assume everyone reading this board is within) this sort of shadiness is both infuriating and comical. that is why people care.
Heard it was 91 who postponed