No skin in this game. If I’m being honest I see both sides. No one who is on this site and has a daughter who is at this level of play wants to see anyone to get hurt. Does anyone here think that any of these girls are doing any of this on purpose? Do I think that possibly collegiate coaches are encouraging their players to embellish or “act” a little when they are fouled? Of course they are… in the spirit of healthy competition, coaches that don’t do it will be seen by some parents as not good, and opponents parents at times will say I wish our/my kid would do a little more selling of the foul to try and get the call… It’s the refs job to be dialed in and determine what is real and what is dangerous…to control the game. Since we know this is happening and will be part of this game going forward maybe it is time to get more qualified refs and instant replay like in other sports to be able to penalize appropriately. Although, this resulted in a serious injury to a young girl. I’m pretty confident in saying that not one of those players on either side was coached to hurt another player. Let’s keep it real parents. But having concrete consequences to actions that potentially hurt another player wouldn’t be a bad thing either. =Anonymous]I think a more realistic rules change would be to give suspensions for cumulative yellows over the course of a season. (A few other states already do this at the high school level).

For example, after 4 yellows in a season you miss the next game; after 8 yellows, you miss next 2 games, any yellow after that, you automatically miss the next game.[/quote]