Originally Posted by Anonymous
sounds like the word on Charles Street is that a new head coach will be coming in after the season.
Can anyone confirm this, ideas who it could be?

Yes, GU sent an email to his players and their families yesterday. He is stepping down after the 2023 season. Apparently SA will be elevated to head coach...

I would guess that Abrams will be acting HC. I don't dislike the guy, or his coaching (isn't he the D coordinator at LB? And that D is stout), but I'd think a wider search is in order. And yeah yeah, I know, the Looneys debacle is a factor too, as far as recruitment. Coach U is still club coaching at Crabs which has been a positive thing for a few LB players over the past few years. What is Abrams' recruiting network? He's a McDonogh alum but with Looneys being kaput, where and how is he interacting with new recruits?
sounds like the word on Charles Street is that a new head coach will be coming in after the season.

Yes, GU sent an email to his players and their families yesterday. He is stepping down after the 2023 season. Apparently SA will be elevated to head coach...

I would guess that Abrams will be acting HC. I don't dislike the guy, or his coaching (isn't he the D coordinator at LB? And that D is stout), but I'd think a wider search is in order. And yeah yeah, I know, the Looneys debacle is a factor too, as far as recruitment. Coach U is still club coaching at Crabs which has been a positive thing for a few LB players over the past few years. What is Abrams' recruiting network? He's a McDonogh alum but with Looneys being kaput, where and how is he interacting with new recruits?

Agreed, much wider search is in order!