Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will add my 2 cents re HS in the DMV.

Landon: L goes from 3rd grade thru 12th. It's a healthy mix of NL and ML kids there (I would wager more NL at the younger ages just from the optics, but I could be wrong). Kids usually stay there for the duration.

St. Albans: St. Albans runs from 4th thru 12. A sizeable chunk of kids come from Beauvoir (PK thru 3rd). You have kids on both the main clubs at StA. It's a very rigorous academically and they have already begun actively trying to pull in kids from the 28 class that fit their mold.

Prep/Gonzaga: These schools pull from a pretty wide area (mostly catholic schools). The main feeder for Gprep is Mater Dei (1st thru 8th). Pretty decent mix of NL, ML, BLC and DCE It's BLC heavy at the younger ages and then they shift to ML or NL. Then a % to DCE. Gonzaga also gets fed a lot of MD kids, but at a slightly lower % than Gprep, but that has been changing over the years. You do have a number of kids that go to St. johns, StA or leave for boarding....but a small percentage.

StJCH: They pull from a wide area. As you know from this thread, many kids start ML and switch to NL there. Many reasons for this, but mostly because an NL coach coaches StJ. But there is a mix. You get other clubs there too...even some Hawks, etc.

I'm not up to speed on Bullis, but whatever they are doing from a lacrosse perspective is working. They are good.

Bullis used to have a pretty strong pipeline from DCE. Unfortunately the last strong class was the 25s, which they have a lot of.