Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs Dads:

What 4 or 5 teams are Crabs beating?

Not a Crabs dad, but they will likely beat BLC, True, and 91. Then to get to 4 wins they’d only need to go 1-3 vs. NL, ML, FCA, and Hawks. Seems entirely plausible they win one of those games even if you think they are underdogs in each individual game.
That’s 4-3. They aren’t winning 5 games.
91 will get slaughtered in Elite. BLC sending them Christmas cookies for letting them out of the cellar

Millon has pushed the 91 2028s to go elite for 3+ years. Despite not winning AAA and despite getting dominated by Crabs, ML, etc in Millon's own tournaments. There's no intention to actually win elite games at HoCo for this squad. So why do they do it?

1) Amazing reps for the 2028s who will hold back and play for 91's 2029 squad in 8th/9th grade.
2) Always with Millon......marketing content - IG videos of 91 helmets scoring on Crabs helmets "Come to Millon Camp and you can beat Crabs too!"
3) More marketing - letting the future 2027s who will holdback, know that 91 2028 is a good "elite" home for them when they reclass

It is not overly complicated, but it's certainly not about winning games in HoCo or developing 2028s who intend to stay 2028s.

Here is the salty dad whose son was cut from 91 AGAIN.

Just worry about your son’s team dude.

I worry about parents getting scammed, and kids being misused, in somebody's moneymaking scheme (which arguably is most club lax).

I never even had him try out there, and I don't assume my son wouldn't get cut either. But I do know that the current coach pre-approves 20-25 kids each summer who don't even attend tryouts, so the 20 kids who show up to tryouts are just there for a workout and a non-existent evaluation. Maybe 2-3 get offered spots, but they are generally just going to ride the bench in the #30-35 roster order.

Many of my son's friends have come and gone from 91. Many were so deflated from the experience that they quit the sport entirely. Now that's what I call "developing athletes."

So you repeatedly post about a club that your son doesn’t try out for. You also believe he wouldn’t make the team anyway.None of your sons friends will play on the team. Yet it’s still takes up this much room in brain rent free. Weird.

Why do you think you are even qualified to speak with any knowledge about 91?

Do you actually know Mark or any of the coaches you name drop?

In fact I had a business relationship (ended just fine) with Mark for several years, and I personally know most of the current & (recent) past 91 coaches at 2028 and 2029. So.

Also, getting a little bored of being asked questions and then being shouted down by the person asking the question. Just....boring.