Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My brother was held back in elementary school. This was a tramatic experience for him that he still talks about 30 years later. I think that playing sports with the kids in his grade was key to him accepting or at least functioning in his new situation. (Which is why I think most of the “reclass equals cheating” folks are dicks)

Anyway just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Sounds like your brother was held back for academic reasons which no one has a problem with. If your brother was held back for sports reasons then yes that’s cheating. The more important thing you mentioned is that he still feels the pain 30
Years later of being held back which should give the reclass folks pause before doing this to their child. Your child is not a lacrosse Ginny pig. You should be thinking happy and well adjusted not D1 at all costs….Mental health be damned!

My one son repeated 9th grade when transferring to a prep school, not a lax player. He's now thankful that he did as he felt it gave him a better, more mature footing in college. Also had a son graduate at 17, and he was not mature enough to handle college right away. It all depends on the kid.