All depends on many factors- the girls skill level, individual PT, family location (how far they are willing/able to drive), what individuals want out of lacrosse, costs (what one can afford) and several others factors. Anyone that says it doesn’t matter is entitled to their own opinion however who wouldn’t want this incredible experience for their kid. This said… lacrosse is lacrosse at any level. Where you are now doesn’t mean this is where you’ll be promised in the future( goes both ways). I think we can all agree one of the best 28’s this year had previously played on a lower level team and just made the change to one of the top teams this summer. There are probably still a few just in this area that could also make the move and this isn’t to discount lacrosse is now much bigger than just the Maryland area now. My oldest daughter plays in college now (never was the best on her team) and there were many changes from Middle School through college. Kids I thought at a young age were incredible- some play in college, some dropped or leveled off and some quit. Others blossomed in HS that in Middle School were average players. My advice… focus on your child, what she wants, what makes her happy and what you can do to help nurture the love for the game. The rest may be out of your control. Speaking from experience- and I made mistakes with my oldest not doing this.