Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse has zero influence with the big clubs and tournaments. I'm not saying it won't change eventually, but I'm suspect it will be quick....as it our boys will be long gone before it happens. Also, the market will most likely decide what ultimately happens as $ome $mart club owner$ go age-based and offer what you mentioned. However, if the players bodies don't follow that model it just won't happen country-wide.....and we will all be paying more money for lacrosse (regional teams) and age based tournaments (national teams??? Maybe....i dunno) as they pop up. Just my worthless 2 cents.

You're almost right. It will happen when/if King Krab sells out, when Millon and others sell out their brands, when the last Kelly kid has gotten his full scholarship, etc.

The youth game is shifting to a massive corporate model and 3 Step, Apex, Trilogy, Aloha, True Inc., etc do not care whether the kids are held back or not.

Honestly I'd give it another 5-8 years before it's in place. It will never, ever affect the 2028s (my kid is on age fyi).