Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to the girls that made the Lacrosse Magazine top 30 list. I couldn’t help but notice a lot of top players missing and I think only 1 player from hero’s. None the less, congrats to those on it. Do coaches or IL use it?

A lot of top players missing because their parents didn’t feel the need to fill out an application to get their daughters on a list that means absolutely nothing. No college coach looks at it for recruiting purposes and the IL isn’t using it either.

As the parent of a player on the list, we didn't fill out any sort of application to be on it so not sure where that comes from. That being said, agreed college coaches won't be using it for recruiting purposes.

That should be a clear indication that there's outside influence. We call those awards/lists "resume padding" in the real world. Mine is a goalie, and she loves making note of who she sees at camps/clinics, and then going to look at their profiles. Honestly, only a handful live up to the hype when you see them in person. The rest just fall into one of two groups- competitive or non-competitive. Trust the process.... Are those kids making lists or winning MVP really the best OR are they just the best that the list makers looked at or team selectors saw that day?

Resumes are good to brag about, but no kid is going to get a college jersey because they made a list or team. Skills get recognized, resumes get ignored.