the above is not true. M&D has WAAAYYYYY too many parents coaching their teams. The current M&D rosters below just how entrenched parents are at the club. I don't know how Skywalkers manages to pull it off but their rule of not having parental involvement should be duplicated.

24 black - assistant coach parent - played at UVA
24 red - head and assistant coach parents - played at UMBC , 1 asst not a parent played at Hopkins
25 black - head and two assistants coaches parents plus a conditioning coach that's a parent- head coached at Loyola, Asst coach won the IAAM and conditioning coach is also the trainer for team USA mens.
25 red and 26 black and red have no parent coaches - 26 black has a parent asst that is also a high school head coach
27 black - both head and assistant coaches parents - head coach is high school coach as well with solid success
27 red - head coach parent - has won State titles at Marriotts Ridge
28 black - head coach and both assistants parents - won State titles at Howard, asst is head coach at Severna Park
28 red - assistant coach parent
29 black - both head and assistant coach parents - Head won back to back titles at MR and asst was a college coach
29 red - head coach parent
30 black - three assistant coaches parents - 1 asst is the Towson mens coach

It a shame that a top club like M&D can't attract coaches and eliminate all the problems that come with having parents involved with coaching teams there. I do agee with the above post - that not having a parent coach is beneficial in recruiting.[/quote]

What do you people want? Heros has parent coaches with resumes no where close to this. SW has no 'parent' coaches?? By your definition maybe. I think only 2 or 3 of their stable of coaches also coaches at a high school. Most have experience from coaching their kids and moving up with them. People arent jumping for a chance at these jobs cause the parents can be major headaches for the $3 an hour they get paid. If the expert parents would sit down and shut up , I bet more would enjoy it. As for the recruiting, just look at the history of those M&D teams and very rare the coaches kid is the top ranked kid but finds a great school just like the REST of the team.
M&D 21 was a parent coach and her team was recruited well
M&D 22 was a parent coach and her team recruited well. Her own daughter chose a D3 school.
M&D 24 has a parent assistant and I think, just think that team did ok too.
Not sure how you 29 parents think your opinion is actual reality!!! concentrate on getting your kid thru middle school first and enjoy watching them play on a great team. Time goes fast and things will change!!