Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love how the quarter zip lax dads poo poo on everything that doesn’t assuage their pretentious mid Atlantic holdback lax superiority.

Your mighty “HoCo elite” is looking like HoCo average.

Let the kids have fun who want to have fun and keep your trap shut.

Enjoy the awful grass of annapolis high school and the wasteland of Frederica- all in 100 degree heat this summer.

I love how out of state dads desperately track what HoCo teams are doing. You follow them, they don't follow you. Keep your trap shut and let the kids have fun. Lacrosse is played all over the country in hot weather. Keep making excuses for why your kid can't compete. It must be because of holdbacks. It must be!

Most of the out of state dads I've met at various events (unless the kids are legit ballers, which is only a few dozen 2028s in 30+ states) are very nice guys who have been sold the local version of the "True Sales Pitch." Which is basically to say, "I've been led to believe my kid is awesome because:

-we have former D1 players as coaches (thinking this is unique, or that it translates into good coaching automatically)
-we have our own field
-my kid leads our team in goals
-my kid's goals (against some poor goalie) are featured on the club's IG constantly

Then they see a 2028 team like 91MD, FCA White or Predators play and they're like "Wow this is really high level ball!" Which it is, compared to Idaho's most elite club team lol, but not compared to the HoCo elite teams that have wiped the floor with all 3 of those teams routinely, and all practice within 30 miles of each other.

In reality, what they have is very insufficient coaching, not a lot of boys who were taught to play young by dads or older siblings, many areas don't even have a talented lax stringer or a shop that can responsibly advise them on gear.

That's why these dads come to sites like BOTC to snoop around. They're starting to see that there's a pretty big, competitive lax world out there and their club director's / middle school coach's talk about "D1" for some Nevada or Arkansas kids may be a bunch of nonsense. Because maybe Madlax stinks compared to 91LI and JM3, but Madlax doesn't [Censored] compared to 175 of the 200 ranked 2028 teams. And all the teams that Madlax beats by 5-10 points.....turns out those teams are pretty good too. And I love nothing more than to see Cabell's ML program fail, but them's the facts.