Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I don’t understand about the national teams is how many MD kids play. My son is only a local elite team. They play about 40 games a year between fall, spring, and summer. That is double what any college team plays. Why would anyone waste money playing even more and risk the injury. If you aren’t good playing 40 games, it’s not like an extra few games will make you any better? And if you are good why waste the money and risk injury playing the glorified pick-up lacrosse that happens at all the club tournaments? I mean the lacrosse is not particularly sophisticated at these national events. My son’s middle school team runs more legitimate sets.
This is very true. No reason to leave Hawks, Madlax etc to go play these things. Unless your Club team never travels outside the DMV— gotta spread the wings a little. But yeah, between HoCo and summer events, there’s plenty of elite level laxrosse in the DMV. Out west not so much, they need to pull from 20 states to compete and get their kids elite level exposure