Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of talent coming from Skywalkers and Coppermine in middle school. Which HS coaches have affiliations with those clubs?

I’m sure they will all find a home. Have to disagree though. Sw is the weakest in 28 -30 groups. Schools will hit M&D , Heros and Coppermine for sure.

Lol at the Coppermine parents trying to put Coppermine in the same sentence as M&D and Hero’s.

They have a very strong 28 team so it is probably true that HS coaches will look at them more closely next year (though think many players are already in privates). This team is an anomaly for the club, even though Coppermine parents love to tell you their club is a future powerhouse.

Powerhouse or no powerhouse, M&D and Hero's aren't beating them on a consistent basis.

I can also guarantee that this summer, the top 3 players for that ‘28 Coppermine team will tryout for M&D and leave … if offered a spot.

Taking this bet and coming back to it this July. No one is leaving, mark it down now.

Doesn’t matter if you are a coach, parent on the team or good friends with a top player. You will find out later than you want to. Look at the recruiting history at those top clubs and you think your top 3 will sacrifice to play at Coppermine ? I applaud you if so but fear of missing out gets all !

At the middle school years, Coppermine is playing in good brackets in top tournaments. They also established a very vague partnership with JT after she retired from JHU. This, along with the hope that they will attract and retain talent that historically has gone to Skywalkers and, to some extend, M&D is what they are hanging their hat on. Seems risky to be the first decent recruiting class a club has ever had, but some are definitely staying put based on the premise that the future of the club will be different.