Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can’t tell if this is guerilla marketing or people really care about the World Series. My son is an on age player on a HoCo elite team and the last thing I’m interested in is another tournament. His team already plays in 7-8 high level tournaments each year. The holdback situation is never going to change for recruiting so the grade level is his competition and no single age based tournament is going to change that so I don’t see why anyone bothers. Out of MD/NY clubs can compete in normal grade based tournaments. Texas Nationals which is a Dallas area club is very good. You CO dads should focus on trying to be like them rather than whining about holdbacks all the time.

dense.

With all the issues around holdbacks ruining youth lacrosse - you don't see a value in having a fair on age tournament?
Do you really believe any of the 7-8 high level tournaments your 12yr old is playing in matters?
Aside from your college recruitment strategy for your 12yr old why wouldn't the only event that fairly plays on age with local kids not be a exciting?

Either you’re a holdback dad or the majority of your sons team consists of holdbacks and you know you can't compete on age.

It might be interesting to watch, but I don’t think it would be that different than other tournaments. They are all of little importance. I have an on age son (Feb. 2010), but the holdback issue is not as all-important as you think. If your son can’t compete in the regular tournaments, it’s probably just that he isn’t that good. The best teams tend to have a few holdbacks and that is annoying, but kids that can actually play still compete fine with kids a little older. The good athletes do fine either way so I don’t think seeing a purely on age tournament would be more exciting or show anything new. If your kid is marginal now it’s not the holdbacks, it’s lack of skill and athleticism and whining about holdbacks won’t change that.