My kid played up [I know that's a novel concept to the MD/DC dads on here] at the World Series last year, and he had an absolute blast. He says it's the most fun tournament that he's ever played in.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one cares about the “World Series” which no longer exists in its original form. The best teams are at NLF, Naptown, NAL, etc. in the summer. World Series being on age is interesting in theory but in practice it’s a pretty bad product so no one attends. If the WS was the gold standard tournament the mid Atlantic teams would send teams. Out of area teams often don’t know the circuit as well and prioritize random pointless tournaments with weak fields. The best metric of what area is best is the number of recruits to high level college programs and it is still overwhelmingly MD and NY dominating like they always have. Numbers haven’t changed much in the last couple of decades.

My kid played up [I know that's a novel concept to the MD/DC dads on here] at the World Series last year, and he had an absolute blast. He says it's the most fun tournament that he's ever played in, and it's the tournament that he's most looking forward to this summer. Maybe we should all care less about what the dads think and more about what the kids think. It is still 7th grade after all.

But I understand how embarrassing it might be for the MD/DC teams and the holdback dads to play on age; you'll all still be safe staying at home.