Originally Posted by Anonymous
Outside of maybe a coache's kid getting a role they don't deserve or PT maybe they don't deserve, what else is issue with parent coaching? How is it a negative for recruiting to colleges?

When college coaches reach out to a club coach during or after a recruiting tourney, who do you think they will promote the most? Likely their kid and their kid's friends, who will also likely get the most PT during key recruiting tourneys

Or they deal with Scott Robinson who will shoot straight with them like he has for 20 years. Nice try.

If you think coaches are only reaching out to Scott you’re not in a recruitable grade. They reach out some to Scott but mainly the team coaches. Not to mention when three steps bought M&D Scott Robinson only signed on for three years

Some of you people have never been recruited or never been a college coach. As a former college coach, yes the club director may have the relationship but, I also knew he or she rarely watched these kids play. The HS coach, club coach, and even opposing coaches are the best sources when recruiting a kid. BUT! the kid has to be seen first and perform. M&D kids get the benefit of having the top coaches at tournaments but just being on M&D doesn't get them anything other than that. Now, I will say at times, I have called coaches of top programs and asked, who do you have for me... but then if I didn't already know the kid, I always checked film, went to see them or invited them to a visit.