Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
lol at McD being much more academicly strenuous than SP. That's [Censored]

I cant speak for McD. But StP does get a lot of ... less academically skilled kids ... passing through its doors.

Meh. The two schools are similar in that way. Loyola, Gilman, St Marys, and Severn as well. The kids who enroll before 9th grade are a hodge podge of potential academic and athletic talent, and some of the kids only possess one of the two, and then get ground into shape in "the system." Had they continued on whatever academic trajectory they were on, many of them would not be competitive for 9th grade spots at their schools.

But on 9th grade admissions, the MIAA-A schools are fairly similar except BL and Spalding. Very selective - 30% max acceptance rate, usually lower. And BL and Spalding are extremely selective in their own way.....just not particularly academics.

Also let's be clear between SP and McD - Neither school is top 100 nationally for academics (I recall, could be outdated, that McD is around 210 and SP was in the 300s). Loyola and Gilman in the 300s as well I recall.