Whoa Nelly! Online anonymous forum tennis match going on here. Haha. This is BE, Coppermine's coach. A parent made me aware of the comments on this website and I took a quick look back to try to understand why this is happening... To be clear I have never commented on this website and anything said prior to today do not represent my values or views. I will not be commenting on this site again after today.

It's unfortunate that comments can be made and answered anonymously (possibly by the same person), creating a false narrative on what is happening on a 6th grade lacrosse team. Comments about my looks, my coaches, and directly commenting about my players is unacceptable. Would our daughter's be proud of this online banter - would you show them you wrote it? Why is Coppermine living so rent free that anytime a question is asked we are brought back to the forefront?

How we coach our team, the players development, our personnel decisions and approach to games is the business of the club, coaches, players, and families we coach for and no one else. Yes I coach to try to win and winning is part of an overall team experience equation for a competitive team. We also treat our players and their families like family, working with them to provide an abundance of opportunities to develop their lacrosse skills and life leadership qualities. If that's not for you then get in where you fit in and that's ok. I as well as all coaches have made decisions that they would take back and just like our players, we evolve and grow.

I have zero issue with any lacrosse team or program we play. I love that we can compete with M&D, Hero's, Maryland United, Eaglestix, LIYJ, Ace's, etc. These are all great programs that make us work hard to be better. I want our team to find ways to be successful against all of these teams as they are all very tough teams. I also want to see our teams represent the Maryland area well and grow the game.

This is our 3rd time through the club lacrosse scene as parents. The lacrosse scene is a smaller and more tight knit community and our focus should be on lifting each other up, showcasing we are the class of the game. We are neighbors, friends, and often share networks. As you start to get into the college process, you will find that your daughter's efforts to get engaged with her potential landing spots by attending camps, emailing interest, updating their online profile, etc. will be far more valuable then anything else. Most importantly they will fall back on the education they receive when lacrosse is over.

I'd like to respectfully ask that the back and forth games come to an end. Let's be better and use this site for it's true purpose which helping folks.

Take care all and good luck to all of our local youth who we are raising to lead us down the road.