Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which is my point. It won’t impact 2027s. Maybe 28s and that’s a big maybe.
It wont impact 28s negatively.
They wont "miss" a year of lacrosse or not have somewhere to play. They (like everyone else), will have to find a new team next year.

I'm vaguely against holdbacks but I accept it's the current law of the land.

That said, I'm amused that a few hundred lax dads between Fairfax VA and Boston MA are shaking their heads this week over the $30-75K they spent on 1-2 years of holding back their future lax all stars. Money down the drain but at least you got some years of bragging rights in youth lax!

The hold back will still be able to develop and be the "big kid for his class" in high school.
But he'll be compared to kids his actual age, heading into high school when it comes to HS recruiting. His "real" skill level can't be hidden.
The good club teams will now consist of good, ON AGE kids. The large and average skilled kids will be slotted accordingly.
On the bright side, I'm know True will always have a slot for those kids.
Parents hold back their kids to improve their opportunities during their HS So year. That really is all that matters for college recruiting. This rule may actually improve that strategy. The kids would be forced to play against older kids longer which should make them better players. Then they get the age advantage during HS when it matters.