Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I am following you correctly, the 2027 playing in 2028 would play for the 2027 club team next year and just not play high school as they are in 8th grade next year. Then in 9th grade they play back with the 2028 and do high school lacrosse. Why is that a big deal?

Here is the issue. In spring 2024, 2028's who are too old under the new rules would have to miss their last season of HoCo, because they can't play 2028, and the 2027 class would no longer be in HoCo. Perhaps HoCo would grandfather that one class?

Then summer 2024 would be interesting because 2027 teams would be flooded with 2028's looking to play for just the summer. Those 2028 players are unlikely to join a team temporarily to ride the bench, so the 2028's would choose whatever level of play (elite, A, B) where they can be starters, which would push a lot of 2027's to the bench for one summer. Then in fall 2024, everything would return to normal. Whether or not these issues are a "big deal" probably depends on whether your own son is affected.

No one would miss anything.

Hear me out.

The number don't change. They just shift:

Clubs just add a team. U15.

They ALREADY do this in club soccer, basketball etc.

Remember, you are allowed to play UP, not down.

U15 leagues generally have slightly lower numbers (think 4-6 team leagues, not 8) because their kids are now split between freshman teams and U15.

You can have hs freshmen playing on U15 clubs OR Freshman clubs. It's been my experience that the U15 clubs generally consist of older 8th graders, but an occasional hs freshman does play. That's fine. As long as they are of age. The better or older 8th graders generally play up into freshmen league.

But it works out. No issues in soccer.