Originally Posted by Anonymous
People crack me up calling Jan 1 an arbitrary date. It’s not. It’s literally the first day of the year.

People also crack me up calling Sept 1 an arbitrary date. It’s not. It’s suggested by US lacrosse. It’s used by other sports. It coincides with most school years nationally. It coincides with the youth lacrosse season.

When a date doesn’t meet whiny parents crying train gets loaded to leave the station.

Agreed. The date doesn't matter. No matter what date you choose, some kids will have an advantage and some will have a disadvantage.

Even for the people suggesting the silly 13u classification, there will still be advantages. The summer is by far the most important time for club lax. If my kid's birthday is Aug 1st, he will have an advantage at every summer tourney every year. If my kid has a May 31st birthday he will be at a disadvantage every summer tourney season.

There will always be some age advantage. The goal should be to just shrink the size of the age advantage from 24 months to 12 months.