Wow. The holdback dig-in is strong on botc.

Tryouts would be a mess - what tryouts. Teams are pre-determined except for a couple of kids being swapped.

What if your entire attack is born in 1 month or both goalies are born in the same month - That's a ridiculous statement and that's the point. Grow the game and let other kids get a chance. It's called coaching. Let's see how your kid does when he's the youngest for a few months. Heaven forbid, your child may even have to play a different position.

You have kids aging up in the middle of a summer tournament. The only 2 age up days are June 1 and July 1. There are no tournaments August 1. Yes, going to need to coach a little and communicate with the other teams below and above you.

Who cares if teams break up during the course of the year. Families move, bones get broken and kids play different sports all the time. It's called growing the game. And I've got news for you. Most of the team and their parents would love to see their kids get some time over the giant older kid or the kid whose parents pay the coach or the coach's kid or the coach's drinking buddies kid. They really think their kid would be just as good if not better if they were just a little older. They are just being polite to you on the sideline. The real conversation is at home when they keep saying "if only sammy were born 6 months earlier, he'd easily be as good as Jackson." He's probably right.

Let's just make it Jan 1. Why? it's an arbitrary date on the calendar. Let's make it March 1 before HoCo or June 1 before the summer season or August 1 to match the month when most schools start.

I agree the monthly age up will never be implemented but it could be done and it's the most fair. How about every 3 months or even 6? Anything is better than 12 or the current 23+.

The criticism of The Circuit is ridiculous. They did something even if it was imperfect. People are angry because their giant kid who isn't that good was left off the roster because he wasn't one of the 3 exceptions or the "reclassing next year" was rejected.

I'd love to see a lower level tourney org like Aloha take a stab at it. I bet they'd still have enough registrations.