Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is no need to select an arbitrary month. Make it the first of each month. .

Huh? Instead of having a tourney bracket for kids born in 2009, you would have separate tourney brackets for kids born in Jan 2009, Feb 2009, March 2009 . . . ?

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I'm not following.

I think getting kids to play kids born in a 12 month window is fine, whatever the 12 month window is. Some kids will be a little disadvantaged (i.e. 12/31 birthdays) but less disadvantaged than the kids playing kids 18-24 months older than them today.

u14, u13, ... If you are under 14 - you play u14. If you are under 13 - u13. Instead of class based divisions, you move to 'u' divisions.

The point of Gladwell and every holdback attacker is for kids before puberty, which is around 14-15 years old, there is a tremendous physical and maturity difference in kids born 6 months apart.[/quote]

This doesn’t work. You would have kids aging up to the next group in the middle of a summer tournament.

Idea is, you want to have teams compete together for a season. So, if you have it by north year, all the kids born in 2010 would play together from January 1 through Dec 31, and the team wouldn’t break apart mid season.