Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just think that when teams travel out of state, they tend to bring full rosters. Yesterday at the 2028 and 2029 levels at least most of the local squads were all missing 5 girls each and bringing up girls from their B squads vs. teams like Eagle Stix having rosters of 20.

As usual there are different ways of interpreting raw data. Eagle Stix carries 20 girls (I am taking your word for this) and based on what I observed in their game with Coppermine the Eagle Stix coach played all of the girls for a substantial time. The effect is that often the team had 2nd or 3rd string girls playing against Coppermine’s 1st string team.

How many girls are on the rosters of Coppermine, M&D, Hero’s, etc?

23, 19, & 22 respectively

Thank you for the numbers of players. If Coppermine has 23 players and only 10 show up for tournament games, then Coppermine is a poorly run program. It's supporters should stop with the excuses and living in a dream world. If I were a parent of a Coppermine player that shows up for games I would be asking some serious quetions about the leadership of the program.

Also, someone said the Coppermine team had no players to substitute and its girls were tired. Why didn't the coach design a game plan that would slow the game down to accommodate the tired players? I watched the game against Eagle Stix and Coppermine was playing a fast paced offence.

What team were you there for since you keep talking about how you watched the Eagle Stix Coppermine game? Maybe 1 too many Orange Crushes? Focus on your own program and not another club that you aren't involved with.

I wasn't there to watch one particular team and I don't have a daughter playing club lacrosse. I came to watch the better rated teams play to learn more so that when my 5 year old is ready to play, I will be ready to help. The Coppermine vs Eagle Stix game matched two of the best 2028 club teams.

However, my comments were primarily responses to someone (you?) complaining about their team being at a disadvantage instead of owning up to the reality that it was beat by a better team. Whining and deflecting (i.e., focus on your own program) are not winning strategies and I only hope you are strictly a parent and not a representative in some capacity to your own team (Coppermine I would guess).

If you are don’t have a child in club lax yet, and this is your attitude, you are going to be sorely disappointed. All the top teams in MD encourage multiple sports, especially in elementary and middle schools. They only ask that lax be first in spring and summer. This is why fall ball really doesn’t mean anything, as most teams are usually missing several players.

Glad you won’t be a parent on my daughters team with this attitude already. You should look into Hero’s, you would fit in nicely there.