Originally Posted by Anonymous
Something will have to give during the high school years. Elite soccer clubs force girls to commit to soccer only and Fall lax matters during the recruiting years. Girls trying to play lax in college will not want to be on a team where a significant amount of girls don’t show up or they don’t play in a top tournament (like next weekend) due to girls missing for other sports. Coppermine doesn’t have a long history of strong recruiting so they can’t afford to miss those top events. I hope they figure it out because I think the parity of the top teams in this age group is good for everyone.

Good comment! I think children should be exposed to a variety of sports if they are so inclined. Children develop differently, e.g. some faster and some slower, some stop progressing and some accelerate their development, etc. Also, their interests change as they get older. At some point most have to ultimately focus on a single sport if they wish to play in college and beyond. It is extremely rare that an athlete is able to play more than one sport in college. Eventually they will likely have to choose, but I think it is better for younger children to have various athletic experiences.