Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks losses not a good look. But Madlax got embarrassed two days in a row by B teams from Colorado and Georgia. Sad!

You must be new to lacrosse, or your son only plays one sport. So, I will explain this to you. Fall Lacrosse means Nothing.

You see, some kids actually play a multiple of sports. Some kids play a multiple of sports at a very high level. Some teams have a few kids like this on their team. Some teams have more than others.

I really hope your kid is actually good at the one sport he plays and sees the field (but I doubt it). Or that would be really sad!

(Not the dad you're arguing with) Fall games are counted just the same as summer tourneys in the elite parents' most coveted way: national rankings. It only "means nothing" in terms of the second most important metric to elite lax parents: being able to brag about it the following sunday in your luxury box at M&T Bank Stadium.

As a guy who builds and runs small companies for a living, let me impart this knowledge on you. If your kid's coaches/directors cannot keep together a competitive roster for fall events, they are not doing their job. Every elite team in the top 10-20 nationally has the network and funding to pull kids in for individual events (my kid is one of these free agent type kids). If your kid's team is stumbling at fall events AND your national ranking is important to the club and to parents, then you need to be barking at the club directors for putting the team in the wrong fall tournaments, or failing to reach out to their network of "free agent players" from whatever state.

I challenge you to come up with an excuse for Hogan's Hawks to roll into Hogan's tournament, with 27-28 players, including their top 5 or so players, and out-of-state players, and perform the way they did. "Fall counts for nothing!" That's not how business, or reputations, or rankings, or sports work. These are not scrimmages played with portable lighting on a tuesday night.

And now you know why Next Level is happy to go tear through a meaningless Aloha tournament like a tornado, rather than get embarrassed at their own elite tournament with 30 kids on the sideline.

Can we PLEASE cease with the played out holdback talk and talk more about interesting things like the 91 Maryland team that beat Hawks yesterday (or the Hawks team that lost to a non-elite team)? The same 91 MD team that beat Hawks and FCA got blown off the field by Crabs in their third game of the day. I'd love to hear more about the improvements to the Crabs team, too. So much more interesting stuff to discuss than whiny or jaded holdback bs.

Perhaps half the Hawks were playing Madlax in the youth football playoffs?

Crabs played b teams. It showed nothing about whether they are better or not.

Ahh the rarified Elite Youth Lax air. The AA group at Fall Brawl will all be in the national top 50 or so by next summer. They are not "B teams" lol.

Crabs did something that none of the other teams, including Hawks and Dukes and BLC, could do on the same day: ensure they had a solid, cohesive team with enough players on it to ensure 3 wins for the day and not trip over the likes of 91 and FCA White. Crabs may or may not have "proved they are better" but they certainly proved they are well run, well chosen in tryouts, and well coached enough to not lose or tie games to the likes of FCA White and Predators. Crabs made sure their 2028 boys had a successful day. I'm no fan of King Krab but.