Originally Posted by Anonymous
A- Smithtown West over Farmingdale- this was definitely the hardest class to predict. I think with Hicksville losing Gamblin, Farmingdale has to be the favorite out of Nassau, but I would not be surprised by any of four teams (West Islip, Ward Melville, Sachem North, Smithtown West) winning Suffolk. I think SW's firepower on offense wins out in the end. If they absolutely need a goal, they just have so many options. I say they top SN in a high-scoring Suffolk final along the lines of 15-14.

B- Garden City over Shoreham-Wading River- Garden City-Manhasset will be a fantastic Nassau final which I think will be close and low-scoring due to both teams' fantastic defenses. Somewhere in the 6-5 or 7-6 neighborhood. SWR has good young players on both sides of the ball (Rotanz, Mahoney) but they're no match for a much deeper GC squad in the LI championship.
Sachem North will go undefeated with big wins over West Islip, Smithtown West, Ward Melville, and Farmingdale for the Long Island Championship. They have one of the best offenses in the entire country this year, a solid defense, and a good coach. Sachem North will also win the State Championship.

Comsewogue will also go undefeated and revenge a bad loss to Garden City in overtime last year after leading by 2 with 2 minutes to play. Many weapons on offense, solid/deep defense and goalie(s), and the best coach on LI. Comsewogue will also win the State Championship.