Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is page 25 of the Team 91 thread.
Is this a good time to mention our ‘25 is really good?
Thanks,
-MM

The 24's do have many TOP D1 commits. Who else can rival?

The 25's are the #1 team in the country - PERIOD. Kudos for having a local team #1.

26's are getting better

Coach Austin checking in to make sure he's still in good with the boss lol.

7 players on the 91 MD 2024 roster have committed to anywhere. All 7 look like solid commits.

To answer "who else can rival?" Hawks also have 7, going to many of the same great D1 schools.

Also not sure that "7 out of 28 players" count as "many" for those trying to follow Coach Austin's T91 math from home.

91 MD is a club that is built on an over-involved Dad Coach's ambitions for his kids, and that Dad Coach's excellent marketing pitches that are rarely if ever questioned. That marketing does a great job of attracting talent, honestly.

"Who else can rival 7 commits?" (a bunch of teams)
"We never cut kids" (we exclude them from PT, no explanation, and expect them to realize they aren't wanted, and leave on their own)
"Far and away the best club in MD" (well, probably the #5 club in MD) (much of 91's best talent comes from out of state, as well)
"We develop players" (until the next hot prospect shows up from PA, VA, or TX)

And yeah, it's interesting that the #1 2024 club in the country has only 7 total commits (or 7 announced commits, anyway) in mid-October. To be fair, some other good clubs have zero. But I'd bet the best MD clubs (year to year) are sitting at 5-10 D1 commits each, right now.

Who claims “we don’t cut” I know of multiple players who were cut. My son took a spot from a long-term supporter/player who was cut to make room (1 or 2 or 3 cut that year). We then left after 1st season b/c it was there was no sense of team and got tired of hearing MM blowing his own horn about how he’s the only coach who can do just about anything.