Re lax in every PE program for elementary schools and ppl wanting to keep lacrosse elitist: They've had flag football in PE literally forever and the #of kids playing tackle football has gone down steadily for decades. How they going to do this? Play with a nerf ball and sticks you pick up at your local Safeway?

Re holdbacks. I don't care if it's age or grade based. Been thru this with 3 kids and it doesn't matter once the kids hit HS...particularly the last 2 years. Thankfully I'm here re my youngest. The better athletes tend to climb to the top. I'm not sure why everyone is bashing NLF....their tournies are pretty good and garner a ton of college attention. Are they the be-all-end-all? No, but there's no doubt the clubs that are members of it usually have pretty solid programs.

Of course clubs have a say in what happens during the holdback argument, but they aren't the most powerful force. Think about all the prep schools that target post-graduates....and the kids they attract and the college coaches that FLOCK to them (and a good bit of them went to these types of schools). Culver, Deerfield, Taft, Salisbury, etc....etc...etc. They are not going to change their behavior because of youth club lacrosse and parents complaining. Not ever. Add to it that colleges don't care how old the kids are.......the argument is settled. Train your kid up if it's a game they want to continue playing....or realize, more likely than not, their lax careers end after HS.